Are you crushed by the realities of technical writing? Do you think it’s a job with no perspectives? Do you get tired of being a loser all the time?
Well worry no more, because I’m here to tell you: you’re wrong. Everything you know about technical writing is wrong and I’m here to prove it.
Here are some myths you may (wrongfully) believe:
- Technical writing is about writing
- A good technical writer can write flawlessly
- Technical writers are at the bottom of the food chain
- You can learn all there is to technical writing in one year
- The more experience you have, the more valuable you are
- It’s better if you know the subject matter
- Tools make no difference – writing is writing
- DITA is the pinnacle of technical writing
Come, spend the evening, have a drink, and forget your troubles.
7PM | 25 April 2017
Artefakt Cafe, Dajwor 3 | KRAKOW
Pawel Kowaluk is a consultant working for 3di Poland. He’s been in tech comms since 2008, worked as a technical writer, tools specialist, project manager, and more. He is one of the founders of soap!, a board member of ITCQF, one of the writers for techwriter.pl, and a member of ISTC.